Reduced risk. Greater flexibility. Better outcomes.
Choosing AMRI SMARTSOURCING™ means partnering with a CRO/CMO that has an impressive track record of success.
In the field of discovery alone since 2001, AMRI has been involved in 175 drug discovery projects resulting in 75 pre-clinical and clinical candidates across various therapeutic areas. We have made significant contributions to the scientific community.
Our achievements include:
- 90 issued patents
- 300 peer-reviewed articles
- 400 presentations delivered during the last ten years.
The accolades, however, are not restricted to the early phases of the clinical pipeline. Across the fields of development and manufacturing, AMRI has also made significant contributions to the scientific community.
For example, in 2011/12 we delivered on:
- 55 phase I-II compounds
- 18 phase III compounds
- 36 commercial APIs.
AMRI has created a portfolio of proprietary drug discovery and development programs, four of which are currently available for partnering and out-licensing. Each program has a business strategy to differentiate them from existing standard of care. Our goal is to find partners with the expertise and capability to drive these programs through development and commercial success. If you are interested in learning more about any of these programs, please contact us.
For more detailed information about AMRI’s available pipeline programs, please click the links below:
- Obesity: MCH-1 Antagonist Program
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome: 5-HT3 Modulator Program
- Cognitive Impairment: 5-HT6 Antagonist Program
- Schizophrenia: GlyT-1 Inhibitor Program
Three of AMRI’s internal drug discovery programs were already successfully partnered and continue to progress in collaboration with these partners:
- Oncology: Tubulin Inhibitor Program
- Depression: Reuptake inhibitors, partnered with Bristol Myers Squibb
- Antibacterials: Natural products and derivatives partnered with Genentech
Discovery Collaboration Record
AMRI’s SMARTSOURCING™ drug discovery success is supported by a collaboration track record that includes partnerships with large pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies, non-profit organizations, and academia. AMRI’s existing public collaborations include:
- A research and licensing agreement with Genentech for a family of antibacterial compounds, discovered from AMRI's proprietary research leveraging its natural products sample collection
- A five-year, $43-million contract from the National Institutes of Health to develop pre-clinical drug candidates to treat diseases of the central nervous system (CNS)
- A partnership with Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. for improved treatments for depression and other CNS disorders that has yielded three compounds in development, two of which have progressed into the clinic
- A multi-program, fully integrated drug discovery collaboration with CHDI Foundation for the discovery of new treatments for Huntington’s disease